The Watsonville Parks and Recreation Commission meets Monday, April 15 at 6:30 pm at Watsonville City Council Chambers, 275 Main St #400, in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors meets Tuesday, April 16 at 9 am at the Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean St # 500A, in Santa Cruz. Click HEREfor the agenda. Agenda items include:
Public Comment – 9 am
- Adopt Ordinance amending Santa Cruz County Code Chapter 7.130 relating to cannabis dispensaries, and direct the Clerk of the Board to publish notice of adoption as required by Government Code Section 25124.
- Direct the Chair of the Board to sign a letter of support for a $68 million funding augmentation for County Public Administrator, Public Guardian and Public Conservator programs statewide, as recommended by Supervisor Coonerty
- Public hearing to consider a resolution and an ordinance amending County Code Chapters 13.10 and 13.20 (Local Coastal Program Implementing Ordinances) to create the Seascape Beach Estates (SBE) Combining Zone District, with Zoning Plan Amendment adding 152 parcels to the district, minor variation to PUD/Use Permit 4119-U, and CEQA Notice of Exemption, and take related actions, as outlined in the memorandum of the Planning Director.
Scheduled item – 10:45
- Consider alternatives evaluated by the Santa Cruz Coastal Reuse Plan – Davenport Cement Plant, select a preferred alternative, direct staff to seek funding to complete the required environmental review of proposed Local Coastal Program amendments to implement the selected preferred alternative, and direct staff to revise permitting process section based on Coastal Commission comments, as outlined in the memorandum of the County Administrative Officer (continued from February 26, 2019).
The Soquel Creek Water District Board of Directors meets Tuesday, April 16 at 6 pm at Capitola City Council Chambers, 420 Capitola Avenue, in Capitola. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Consider Approval and Direction of Preliminary Design of Treatment Facilities for Pure Water Soquel
- Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation Pursuant to Government Code Section 54956.9(d)(1); Santa Cruz County Superior Court Case No. 19 CV00181 (Steinbruner vs. Soquel Creek Water District)
- Conference with Real Property Negotiators (Government Code Section 54956.8); Property: Santa Cruz Wastewater Treatment Facility (SCWWTF)
Agency Negotiator: Ron Duncan, General Manager
Negotiating Parties: Soquel Creek Water District and the City of Santa Cruz
Elkhorn Slough Foundation Volunteer Land Stewards meet Wednesday April 17 at 10 am at Elkhorn Slough Foundation, 1698 Elkhorn Rd, in Watsonville. New volunteers contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance to receive updated event information.
The Fungus Federation of Santa Cruz meets Wednesday, April 17 at 6 pm at Harvey West Scout House, 326 Evergreen St, in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for information.
The Scotts Creek Lagoon Restoration Project Community Presentation, Wednesday, April 17 at 6 pm at Swanton Pacific Ranch-Cal Poly, 305 Swanton Rd, north of Davenport. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency Board of Directors meets Wednesday, April 17 at 7 pm at Watsonville City Council Chambers, 275 Main Street in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Agency Drop-In Hours are Thursday, April 18 from 10 am to Noon at Community Foundation, 7807 Soquel Drive, in Aptos. Click HERE for information.
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District Board of Directors meets Thursday, April 18 at 5:30 pm at the Operations Building, 13057 CA-9, in Boulder Creek. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Santa Cruz County Parks Use of Glyphosate – Discussion and possible action by the Board regarding the Santa Cruz County use of glyphosate in areas granted easement for the Felton Library by SLVWD.
The Monterey Bay Community Power Community Advisory Council meets Thursday, April 18 at 6 pm at Monterey Bay Community Power Board Room 70 Garden Court, Suite 300 in Monterey. Click HERE for information.
The Scotts Valley Parks & Recreation Commission meets Thursday, April 18 at 6 pm at Skypark Classroom, 361 Kings Village Road Scotts Valley. The agenda will be available HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
The San Lorenzo River Estuary Restoration Project meets Saturday, April 20 from 9 to 11 am at the East levee by Riverside Avenue Bridge (across from Canfield Avenue). Bring your gloves, sturdy shoes, hat & water.