NOTE: With increasing concerns for COVID-19 cases in Santa Cruz County, many public meetings will be postponed or cancelled. This week’s Weekly Review will feature public meetings as of the time of publication, Saturday, June 27 at 11:30 am. Meetings status changes will be updated as they are announced throughout the week, here on the Santa Cruz Environmental Review website at https://scenviroreview.home.blog/
County of Santa Cruz
The County Regional Transportation Commission will hold a Special Meeting Monday June 29 at 9 am by remote teleconference. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation.
The County Board of Supervisors will meet Tuesday, June 30 at 9 am at the Board of Supervisors Chambers & Community Room, Governmental Center , 701 Ocean Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Accept and file annual report on pesticide use and Integrated Pest Management (IPM) activities, and approve the amended IPM Policy.
- Accept and file report on COVID-19 Emergency Response costs, anticipated federal and state reimbursements, and other funding opportunities, and direct staff to return on or before September 15, 2020 with a bi-monthly status report.
- Approve Cooperative Agreement between Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission and County of Santa Cruz in the not-to-exceed amount of $4,000,000 to support work on the Rail Trail project Segments 10 and 11, and take related actions.
- Consider urgency ordinances and non-urgency ordinances amending Santa Cruz County Code Chapters 7.128 and 13.10 relating to non-retail commercial cannabis regulations, and making findings of exemption from CEQA; schedule the non-urgency ordinances for second reading and final adoption on August 4, 2020, and take related actions.
- Consider ordinance amending the Santa Cruz County Code (SCCC) by adding Chapter 5.51 regarding a recycling program for plastic contact lenses and making findings of exemption from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA); consider ordinance amending SCCC 5.47 to delay implementation of a charge on single-use disposable cups until January 1, 2021; schedule the ordinances for final adoption on August 4, 2020; provide additional direction on a possible ballot measure regarding the use of single-use disposable cup charges, and consider report on additional measures to address plastic pollution.
- Consider ordinance amending Santa Cruz County Code section 13.10.694 Vacation Rentals, and uses charts within sections 13.10.312, 13.10.322, 13.10.352, and 13.10.372 to implement amendments to 13.10.694 (proposed amendments in the Coastal Zone require review and certification by the California Coastal Commission) and making findings of exemption from the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and schedule the ordinance for second reading and final adoption on August 4, 2020.
County Budget Hearings continue Tuesday, June 30 at 1:30 pm at the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean Street, Room 500 in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
City of Santa Cruz
The SC City Zoning Administrator is scheduled to meet Tuesday, June 30 at 10:00 am at City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for information.
2035 North Pacific 2nd Virtual Community Meeting will be held Tuesday, June 20 at 4:00 pm by remote teleconference. Click HERE for information. The applicant, Peter Bagnall, is seeking a Design Permit and Slope Variance to construct a mixed-use building that includes 4,300 square feet of ground floor office space and 26 units above within 20 feet of a 30 percent slope, and a Variance to sidewalk width in the CBD (Central Business District) zone district.
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District Administration Committee will meet Wednesday, July 1 at 9:15 am by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation.
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District Engineering Committee will meet Thursday, July 2 at 2:00 pm by remote teleconference. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation.
The Valley Women’s Club Environmental Committee is scheduled to meet Saturday, July 4 at 10:30 am at Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, Nature Store, 101 N Big Trees Park Road. Call Nancy for information and to reserve free parking. 338-6578 or (cell) 345-1555.
The information on Santa Cruz Environmental Review is valid at the time of publication. Click HERE for additions, updates and corrections.