NOTE: With increasing concerns for COVID-19 cases in Santa Cruz County, many public meetings will be postponed or cancelled. This week’s Weekly Review will feature public meetings as of the time of publication, Saturday, June 20 at 1:30 pm. Meetings status changes will be updated as they are announced throughout the week, here on the Santa Cruz Environmental Review website at https://scenviroreview.home.blog/
County of Santa Cruz
County Budget Hearings will be held Monday, June 22 at 9:00 am at the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean Street, Room 500 in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Budgets to be reviewed include:
- Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments
- Auditor-Controller/Treasurer-Tax Collector
- Board of Supervisors
- Cannabis Licensing Office
- County Administrative Office
- County Clerk-Elections
- Office of the County Counsel
- Office for Edonomic Development
- General Services Department
- Information Services Department
- Personnel and Risk Management
- General County Revenues
- Debt Service
- Technology Fund
- Department of Child Support Services
- Homeless Services Coordination Office
- Collective of Results and Evidenced-Based Investments (CORE)
- Health Services Agency
- Human Services Department
The County Budget Hearings will continue Monday, June 22 at 7:30 pm by remote teleconference. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation. Agenda items include:
Continued Budget Hearings
County Budget Hearings continue Tuesday, June 23 at 9:00 am at the Santa Cruz County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean Street, Room 500 in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Budgets to be reviewed include:
Land Use and Community Services
- Agricultural Commissioner
- Agricultural Cooperative Extension
- Local Agency Formation Commission
- Library Fund
- Monterey Bay Air Resources District
- Parks, Open Space & Cultural Services
- Redevelopment Successor Agency
- Plant Acquisition section of Ca[pital Projects
- 911 Communications Cente
- Animal Control Services
- Contribution to Superior Court
- District Attorney-Public Administrator
- Office of Emerbency Services
- Grand Jury
- Probation Department
- Public Defender
- County Fire Protection
- Planning Department and Housing Funds
- Department of Public Works
County Budget Hearings scheduled for Wednesday, June 24 are CANCELLED.
The County Planning Commission will meet Wednesday, June 24 at 9:00 am at the Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean St # 500A in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- 379 Beach Dr., Aptos – Appeal of Zoning Administrator’s denial of Application 181024, a proposal to demolish an existing three-story single-family dwelling and construct a new three-story replacement single-family dwelling. The project includes excavation of the toe of the coastal bluff, construction of several coastal bluff stabilization features including two retaining walls (9 and 11-feet high respectively) in the rear yard, as well as a 10-foot high geobrugg debris flow fence located 30-40 feet upslope from the proposed home. Requires a Coastal Development Permit and Variances to reduce the minimum 20 foot front yard setback to 10 feet, to increase the maximum height of 28 feet to 32.5 feet, to increase the maximum number of stories from two to three and to increase the allowed 50% floor area ratio to approximately 60%.
- No Situs Address APNs: 106-251-33 & -34, -35 – Proposal to divide an existing 17,481 square foot lot with one existing single-family dwelling into two parcels of 6,001 (Lot A) and 11,480 (Lot B) square feet and to and to define a building envelope on Lot B that allows for a reduced front yard setback at Fair Avenue from 20 feet to 15 feet to preserve existing trees on site. Requires a Minor land Division, an Environmental Setback Reduction and a determination that the project is exempt from further review under the California Environmental Quality Act. Property located at the intersection of Fair Avenue and Old Coast Road (70 Fair Avenue).
- 371 Calabasas Rd., Watsonville – Planning Commission Use Determination for potential 500,000 gallon distillation facility at 371 Calabasas Road (Watsonville) in the Commercial Agricultural (CA) zoning district.
County Budget Hearings scheduled for Thursday, June 25 are CANCELLED. Budget hearings will conclude on Tuesday, June 30.
The Santa Cruz Metro Board of Directors is scheduled to meet Friday, June 25 at 9:00 am by remote teleconference only. The agenda and instructions for public participation will be available HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
City of Santa Cruz
The SC City Council will meet Tuesday, June 23 at 12:30 pm by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation. Agenda items include:
- Resolution Extending Emergency Declaration in Connection with COVID-19 Pandemic by Sixty (60) Days and Ratifying/Confirming Director of Emergency Services Executive Order Nos. 2020-10 through 2020-12.
- Emergency Ordinance Temporarily Extending Moratorium Preventing Residential or Commercial Evictions for Non-Payment of Rent as a Result of Economic Losses Related to the Coronavirus Pandemic.
- San Lorenzo River Lagoon Management – Approve Plans, Advertise for Bids and Authorize Execution and Award Contract.
Consent Public Hearings
- 2nd Reading and Final Adoption of Ordinance No. 2020-13 Amending Chapter 6.91 – Cannabis Retailer Licenses to Allow License Transfers.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station Expedited Processing Ordinance, Zoning Ordinance Amendments for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations, and Amendment to the Local Coastal Program Implementation Plan.
- 914 & 916 Seabright Ave. – Tentative Map, Design Permit and Residential Demolition Authorization Permit to Demolish Three Residential Units and Construct a Nine-unit Townhouse Development on a 21,237 Square Foot Parcel Located in the R-L Zone District.
6:00 pm – Oral Communications
6:30 pm – General Business
- Recommendation to Proceed with the Mixed Use Downtown Library Project
City of Capitola
The Capitola Architectural & Site Review Committee will meet Wednesday, June 24 at 3:30 pm by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation. Agenda items include:
- 1745 49th Avenue – Administrative Design Permit for modifications to an existing single-family residence in the R-1 (Single-Family Residential) Zoning District.
This project is within the Coastal Zone but does not require a Coastal Development Permit. Environmental Determination: Categorical Exemption
The Capitola City Council will meet Thursday, June 25 at 7:00 pm by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation. Agenda items include:
- Real Property Negotiations Easement Grant to Pacific Gas and Electric Company 420 Capitola Avenue, Capitola CA 951010 City Hall Property – Authorize the City Manager to negotiate the terms and execute an Easement Deed granting Pacific Gas and Electric Company a non-exclusive utility easement for installation of a new underground box and above ground cabinet and antenna on City owned property located at 420 Capitola Avenue, Capitola.
Approve the Plans, Specifications and Construction Estimate for the Flume and Jetty Rehabilitation Project.
City of Scotts Valley
The Scotts Valley City Council will meet Wednesday, June 24 at 6:00 pm by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation. Agenda items include:
- Consideration of a resolution to certify a Final Environmental Impact Report and a resolution to deny a General Plan Amendment for the property located at 440 Kings Village Road and 467 Bean Creek Road.
City of Watsonville
The Watsonville City Council will meet Tuesday, June 23 at 5:00 pm by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation. Agenda items include:
- Resolution urging Santa Cruz County Regional Transportation Commission to implement passenger rail service on the Santa Cruz branch rail line
6:30 pm – Public Hearings, Ordinances & Appeals
- Consideration of Mitigated Negative Declaration & approval of a lot line adjustment, density bonus, planned development, & special use permit with design review & environmental review to allow construction of the Miles Lane Project on a 4.7± acre site at 139, 141, 161 Miles Lane & 201 Kimberly Lane.
The Santa Cruz Port Commission will meet Tuesday, June 23 at 7:00 pm by remote teleconference. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation.
The Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency Projects & Facility Operations Committee will meet Wednesday, June 24 at 3:00 pm by remote teleconference. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation.
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District Public Advisory Committee on Facilities will meet Thursday, June 25 at 3:00 pm by remote teleconference only. Click HERE for the agenda and instructions for public participation.
The Santa Margarita Groundwater Agency Board is scheduled to meet Thursday, June 25 at 5:30 pm at the Scotts Valley City Council Chamber, 1 Civic Center Dr. Scotts Valley. The agenda will be available HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
The information on Santa Cruz Environmental Review is valid at the time of publication. Click HERE for additions, updates and corrections.