County of Santa Cruz
The County Planning Commission meets Wednesday, February 26 at 9:30 am at the Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean St # 500A in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Continued from the Planning Commission meeting of January 22, 2020: Appeal of Zoning Administrator’s approval of Application 181556 by David Van Lennep on behalf of Redwood Empire. Proposal to allow a use where individuals spread the ashes of loved ones around selected trees within a forested area, construct a non-habitable accessory structure, and parking areas for 15 vehicles on a parcel with split zoning, TP (Timber Production) and SU (Special Use). Requires a Commercial Development Permit and a determination that the project is exempt from further review under the California Environmental Quality Act. Property located on the north side of Buzzard Lagoon Road approximately ½ mile from the intersection of Eureka Canyon Road, Highland Way, and Ormsby Cutoff.
- 1931 Soquel San Jose Rd., Soquel – Appeal of Zoning Administrator approval of Application 171365 – Proposal to construct a 44-foot tall Wireless Communications Facility (WCF), disguised as a monopine tree, including 12 antennas and associated pole and ground mounted equipment on a RA (Residential Agriculture) zoned parcel. Requires a Commercial Development Permit and a determination that the project is exempt under the California Environmental Quality Act. The property is on the west side of Soquel San Jose Road (1931 Soquel San Jose Road), approximately 1.6 miles north of the intersection of Soquel Drive. The facility location is approximately 1275 feet northwest of the site entry road, Conference Ground Drive, and Soquel San Jose Road.
- 1050 Lockhart Gulch Rd., Scotts Valley – Proposal to amend the Master Plan for Mission Springs Camps and Conference Center as follows: to allow for an increase in the maximum number of overnight guests associated with the camp, from 500 to 704, during the summer months based upon the addition of three parcels totaling approximately 61.5 acres (APNs 070-011-16, 20 and 35); to allow for phased construction of new facilities; and to allow for improvements to existing structures. Subject parcels are in the SU (Special Use) and A (Agriculture) zone district. Requires an Amendment to 75-1060-U (Master Plan for Mission Springs Conference Center), a Planned Unit Development (PUD) to allow for special site and development standards for the Master Plan parcels, and adoption of a mitigated negative declaration per the requirements of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). Property located on the east and west side of Lockhart Gulch Road (1050 Lockhart Gulch Road) approximately one mile north of Mount Hermon Road.
1st District Supervisor John Leopold holds a Constituent Meeting Wednesday, February 26 at 5:30 pm at Happy Valley School Library, 3125 Branciforte Drive in Santa Cruz.
City of Santa Cruz
The Santa Cruz City Council meets Tuesday, February 25 at 10:45 am at Santa Cruz City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
10:45 am Closed Session – Conference With Legal Counsel; Conference with Labor Negotiators; Public Employee Performance Evaluation: City Manager
11:45 am – Consent Agenda
- Strategic Growth Council Climate Change Research Proposal – Transitioning from Planning to Implementation with Nature-Based Resilience for the Santa Cruz Coast Grant Acceptance, Authorization and Appropriation.
- Murray Street Bridge Seismic Retrofit – Project Delivery Agreement
- 2nd Reading and Final Adoption of Ordinance No. 2020-05 Amending SCMC Section 15.38.010 and Section 15.38.030, Regarding Small Cell Wireless Facilities
- 111 Errett Circle – Council Consideration of Whether to Designate the Property at 111 Errett Circle as a Historic Landmark and/or to List It on the Historic Survey. The Historic Preservation Commission Recommended that the Structure Not be Designated or Listed – Environmental Determination: Exempt
City of Capitola
The Capitola Architectural & Site Review Committee meets Wednesday, February 26 at 3:30 pm at Capitola City Council Chambers, 420 Capitola Avenue in Capitola. The agenda will be available HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
The Capitola City Council meets Thursday, February 27 at 7:00 pm ta Capitola City Council Chambers, 420 Capitola Ave, in Capitola. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Consider Approval of the Brommer Complete Street Project Documents and Authorize Advertising for Bids.
City of Watsonville
The Watsonville City Council meets Tuesday, February 25 at 4:30 pm at City Council Chambers, 275 Main Street, Top Floor, in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
5:30 pm – Closed Session
6:30 pm – Oral Communications
Public Hearings, Ordinances, & Appeals
- Consideration of appeal to Planning Commission denial of Special Use Permit with design review & environmental review to allow construction of three one-story commercial buildings totaling 20,000± square feet & including two drive-through facilities on a 3.05± acre site located at 975-1075 Main Street.
The Grange Garden Committee meets Sunday, February 23 at 12:00 pm at the Live Oak Grange, 1900 17th Avenue, Under the Council Oak Tree in the Live Oak Grange Garden.
The Santa Cruz Port Commission meets Tuesday, February 25 at 7:00 pm at the Harbor Public Meeting Room, 365A Lake Avenue, Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Housing Authority of the County of Santa Cruz Board of Commissioners meets Wednesday, February 26 at 11:30 am at The Housing Authority Offices, 2160 41st Avenue in Capitola. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Zoning and Pre-Development of 415 Natural Bridges Drive– Direct Housing Authority Staff to Work with City Staff and Architects on Preparation and Submittal of Zoning and Pre-Development Work to Develop 415 Natural Bridges Site to Achieve Pre-Development Plan that is 1) 100% Affordable to Low-Income Families, 2) Maximizes the Number of Units, and 3) Utilizes as many Energy Efficient and Environmentally Friendly (Green) Designs and Conservation Measures as Feasible, Including but not limited to Solar Panels, Energy Star Appliances, Low Flow Plumbing Fixtures, and other Green Building Materials.
The Santa Clara/Santa Cruz Counties Airport/Community Roundtable meets Wednesday, February 26 at 1:00 pm at City of Santa Clara Council Chambers, 1500 Warburton Avenue in Santa Clara. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Pajaro Valley Water Management Agency Projects & Facility Operations Committee meets Wednesday, February 26 at 3:00 pm at the Water Resources Center, 500 Clearwater Lane in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Consider Draft Project-Specific Objectives for the Watsonville Slough System Managed Aquifer Recharge and Recovery Project.
The San Lorenzo Valley Water District Lompico Assessment District Oversight Committee meets Wednesday, February 26 at 5:30 pm at the Operations Building, 13057 Highway 9, Boulder Creek. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Pajaro Valley Unified School District Board of Trustees meets Wednesday, February 26 at 6:00 pm at the PVUSD District Office Board Room, 292 Green Valley Road in Watsonville. The agenda will be available at HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
The Sierra Club Santa Cruz Group Conservation Committee meets Wednesday, February 26 at 6:30 pm at Louden Nelson Community Center, 301 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Santa Margarita Groundwater Agency Board meets Thursday, February 27 at 5:30 pm at Scotts Valley City Council Chamber, 1 Civic Center Drive in Scotts Valley. The agenda will be available at HERE 72 hours before the meeting.
The State of the San Lorenzo River Symposium is Saturday, February 29 at 10 am at the Zayante Fire Department, 7700 E Zayante Road, Felton. Click HERE for information and the agenda.
The information on Santa Cruz Environmental Review is valid at the time of publication. Click HERE for additions, updates and corrections.