The SC City Parks & Recreation Commission meets Monday March 4, at 4 pm at City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Watsonville Parks and Recreation Commission meets Monday March 4, at 6:30 pm at Watsonville City Council Chambers, 275 Main St #400, in Watsonville. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Urban Greening Report by Assistant Parks & Community Services Director Benkamin Heistein
The Santa Cruz City Water Commission meets Monday, March 4 at 7 pm at City Council Chambers, 809 Center Street in Santa Cruz. Click HERE for the agenda.
The Soquel Creek Water District Board of Directors meets Tuesday, March 5 at 7 pm at Capitola City Hall, 420 Capitola Ave, Capitola. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Final Adoption of Ordinance 19-01 Fixing Rates, Charges and Fees
- Receive Update on Coordination with City of Santa Cruz on the Pure Water Soquel Project
The Live Oak Grange Permaculture Guild Committee meets Wednesday, March 6 at 6 pm at Live Oak Grange, 1900 17th Ave, Santa Cruz.
The California Coastal Commission meets March 6 – 9 at the California African American Museum, 600 State Drive, in Los Angeles. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Santa Cruz County LCP Amendment No. LCP-3-SCO-18-0095-3 (Affordable Housing) Public hearing and action on request by Santa Cruz County to amend LCP Sections 13.01 and 13.10 regarding residential density bonuses and the Regional Housing Need “R” Combining District. (RG-SC)
The Regional Transportation Commission meets Thursday, March 7 at 9 am at County Board of Supervisors Chambers, 701 Ocean St, 5th Floor, in Santa Cruz,. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda Items include:
- 9:30 a.m. PUBLIC HEARING – Consideration of certification of the Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) for the Proposed North Coast Rail Trail Project and Selection of the “Proposed Project” (Coastal Side) as the Preferred Alternative.
Citizen Science – Sea Level Rise; Thursday, March 7 at 6 pm at the Santa Cruz Downtown Library, 224 Church St., in Santa Cruz. Tiffany Wise-West, the sustainability and climate action manager for the City of Santa Cruz, will discuss options for dealing with rising sea levels at a Citizen Science presentation. Click HERE for information.
The County Fish and Wildlife Commission meets Thursday, March 7 at 7 pm at Governmental Center at 701 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz, fourth floor Planning Department Ocean View Conference room. Click HERE for the agenda. Agenda items include:
- Presentation and discussion of the County Strategic Plan
- Update and discussion of PG & E’s Community Wildfire Safety Program
Teachers on the Reserve Workshop, Saturday, March 9, from 9 am to 5 pm, at Elkhorn Slough National Estuarine Research Reserve, 1700 Elkhorn Rd, Watsonville. Click HERE for details.
The Santa Margarita Groundwater Agency presents Water Education Series – Workshop 3: Managing Groundwater; How Can We Prepare for an Uncertain Future?, March 9 from 9 am to 1 pm at Felton Community Hall – 6191 Highway 9, in Felton. Click HERE for details.